Thursday, March 6, 2008

Now available from Amazon.com!!!!

Will There Ever Be A Rainbow?

In Will There Ever Be A Rainbow? Antony Spratt turns away from the political concerns that form the crux of his reputation and offers a series of thoughtful meditations upon his time as player-manager of Almaty Athletic. Sections include ruminations on the controversies of the modern team - such as the continued ban on outlandish goal celebrations and a railing discourse against those who persist in playing tag rugby during the football season. Truly, a powerful classic, full of deep thought and fresh insight.

Editorial Reviews

The Irish Times
"With the unwavering sense of dignity and worth . . .this man’s authenticity is earned by the life he describes."

Bishopstown Community Monthly
In this powerful book, [Spratt] shares his touchstones with us and makes us question what foundations guide our own lives.

New York Times Magazine
Revealing . . . Spratt invites us to re-examine his work and, through it, our history.

The Leisureworld Star-Ledger
Reflective, generous, humane . . . moving . . .[Spratt] writes with vivid emotion.

Evening Echo
Having already penned a book about his sporting life, legendary six-a-side footballer Antony Spratt tackles a greater subject--life itself--with this new spiritual autobiography.

Washington Post
Reading Will There Ever Be A Rainbow? is somewhat akin to having a worthwhile conversation with a revered older relative; he doesn’t always tell you what you want to hear, but you appreciate it just the same.

Time Magazine
An affecting new memoir from the runner-up in the online poll for Time Magazine Man of the Century.



C. Montgomery Burns

- Evil Billionaire

Excellent...


Except, you stole my idea!


Smithers, release the hounds...

4 comments:

The Gaffer said...

An Extract from the Sun's serialisation of "Will there ever be a rainbow":

Match Day 6
My shoulders hurt again. How much more can I take of this? There's only so much carrying of this team that I can take. "Bigman" Tadhg and "Incredible Hulk" Alex seriously need to go to fat-camp. I'm considering putting 'Slim-fast' in the half-time drinks. We have to get our average weight down to 12 stone a man if we will have any chance of beating Viscount next week.
I've a major dilema. I'm considering resting "Lamps" next week. He won't be happy but I think it will best for the team. What was he thinking with that free-kick last night?! It's all "me me me" with him. He needs to learn a lesson.
I also have concerns for "Safehands"... he's just not concentrating on his game at the moment. He's got a big stupid grin on his face all the time. He's always in a daze... he must be in love.
James G had another great game last night. He reminds me of myself in my heyday when I was a young nipper doing tricks and flicks to dazzle the defenders. Sigh.
The opposition were poor tonight - except for that Number 19 - he was all over the place. We will need to man-mark him in the next game.
Hopefully, we will get a result next week. If I manage to last the full 90 I think we will get a win...

Anonymous said...

GALVIN HITS BACK!!

Following allegations of feigning injury, prioritising tag rugby, and worst of all, being a young Ant Spratt, James G has responded viciously in an interview with Sunday Sport.

The following comes from his astounding interview and has been heavily edited to allow publication:

“Gaffer, you're a liar...you're a f*****g w****r. I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a f*****g w****r and you can stick your astro footie up your arse. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of almaty! You can stick it up your bollocks.” Galvin responding to the Gaffers book.

"I'd waited long enough. I f****** hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you c***. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries." Galvin Talking about THAT viscount tackle

The Gaffer said...

SKY NEWS... BREAKING NEWS... BREAKING NEWS...

In a sensational twist in the war of words between The Gaffer and Tricks it has emerged that Almaty has put Tricks on the transfer list. The Gaffer is quoted as saying "Tricks did himself no favours with his comments in the Sunday Sport. He was already skating on thin ice after he cost us the title by attempting a nutmeg from the full-back position and then getting himself sent-off for the subsequent horror tackle in our final game of the season." Asked whether Almaty could survive without Galvin's youth and tenacity next season Gaffer said "no man is bigger than the team!"

Anonymous said...

Spratt, you r such a faggot. I'm goin to beat you up , way worse than your usual lunch money beatings ;-)